Edavaka Register

St. Mary’s Orthodox Church, Konni was consecrated in the year 1921; since then the church has been growing in strength and functioning in various fields. In the initial period, the membership was very small and the views and needs of the church could easily be communicated to all the members instantly; but with the increase in membership, communication between the church and its members became difficult; hence the need for splitting up the membership into area- wise for better interaction among the members was thought of and the prayer groups were formed. At the start the Prayer Groups were named as per the area name but later under the leadership of the Vicar, Rev. Saji Thomas Tharayil, the names were changed and biblical names were assigned in the year 2012.